let's find your new home
Search for Real Estate in and around West Shore
A beautiful, custom-built home situated in a private neighborhood just 15 minutes from Langford. This spacious home boasts over 4200+ finished sqft. Striking views of Shawnigan Lake, the Strait of Juan de Fuca and never-ending mountain and valley views. 5 acres of usable property. Highlighted by the expansive 18-foot ceiling living room with a fireplace overlooking the valley, this home has 6 Beds and 5 Baths...Listed by EXP REALTY
Legato Floor plan. New, unique, quality, 3 bed, 3 bath 1,420 sq.ft. CUSTOM designed ALL end corner units = lots of windows. 9'&10' ceilings, thermal vinyl windows, ICF Insulated Concrete Foundations with 5'9" basement 400sq.ft.storage room. Heat pump with summer air conditioning on ALL levels. Quartz counters, top of line S/S appliances. Designer colors & lighting. Large sundeck off top floor master bedroom, ...Listed by Sutton Group West Coast Realty
Consulting a REALTOR®
REALTORS® are members of The Canadian Real Estate Association who subscribe to a Code of Ethics and Standards of Business Practice. Members of the Victoria Real Estate Board are members of both the British Columbia and Canadian Real Estate Associations.The following is a list of services you can expect to receive from a REALTOR® when you buy a home:
- A REALTOR® will fully explain the details of your working relationship (called "agency") so that you are clear as to when a REALTOR® is working for you or for the seller.
- A REALTOR® has access to hundreds of current listings of homes for sale because of a co- operative system called the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®).
- A REALTOR® can provide you with a customized list of homes that best meet your needs -- size, style, features, location, proximity to schools, shopping, etc. - and then make arrangements for you to view those homes that appeal to you the most.
- A REALTOR® will help you determine how big a home you can afford. REALTORs® are familiar with the local lending market and can offer helpful advice.
- A REALTOR® has no emotional ties to any type or style of home and can be objective in pointing out the merits of one home over another.
- A REALTOR® will have information on zoning changes, taxes, utility costs and school and recreation services that could affect your decision to buy a home in a specific area.
- A REALTOR® will assist you in negotiating the terms of your purchase, which can be a nerve- wracking process for someone who is not experienced in negotiating.
- A REALTOR® will advise you of the legal process required in obtaining title and taking possession of your property; the costs associated with buying a home such as insurance, mortgage registration and legal fees will be explained in detail.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Selling Your Home - Why it Pays to Use a REALTOR®
Before selling your home, you will need a clear understanding of the legal issues and potential pitfalls. One wrong action could result in a lot of cost and frustration, which is why it is essential to have a REALTOR® working with you, as he or she will make the sale of your home a successful and satisfying experience.Greater exposure
REALTORS® use the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®) to give your home maximum exposure. MLS® is a computer-based system that relays valuable information about your home to hundreds of REALTORS® and potential homebuyers.Setting a price
Setting a price for your home is an important but difficult process. Again, this is where the services of a REALTOR® prove invaluable. REALTORS® have the experience to help you understand how the market works and decide upon a realistic price that meets your goals. REALTORS® also pre-screen potential buyers to make sure only those who are serious and financially qualified view your home.
REALTORS® will also develop a marketing plan to help your property receive maximum exposure. This will likely include placing your home on the MLS® system and placing a "For Sale" sign on the front lawn. The plan will likely also include arranging open houses for other REALTORS® and potential buyers, and developing advertisements and feature sheets/mailers to market your home.
Once you have accepted an offer to buy your home, your REALTOR® will help ensure that all the proper paperwork is completed. He or she will also make sure that both parties meet the necessary conditions outlined in the agreement.Why working with a REALTOR® makes sense
When you work with a REALTOR® you will likely get a better price for your home than if you try to sell it yourself. Apart from the financial benefits, however, there is an extra measure of comfort and security that comes from having a REALTOR® on your side. Remember that REALTORS® are governed by a code of ethics and standards of business practice. They have also been trained and licensed under the provincial Real Estate Services Act to assist in transactions involving real property. When it comes to buying or selling property, using a REALTOR® just makes sense.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Anna Sterloff was born and raised in Moscow, Russia and received her Masters Degree in Sociology from the prestigious Lomonosov Moscow State University. Anna began her marketing career in 2005 as a Marketing Assistant and made it to the position of Group Brand Manager in a large international holding company within 10 years.
Anna and her husband Cale met in New York - this meeting totally changed her life and career plan, and she moved from Moscow to Victoria, British Columbia in 2015. With a household of four young boys, you can often find Anna at various sporting events such as soccer, karate and hockey. Anna’s favourite thing about Victoria is the friendly people who care about their community. Anna and her family love to take advantage of the mild climate on Vancouver Island by spending as much time outdoors as possible.
Anna joined Pemberton Holmes real estate in 2017 and is excited to be a part of the family-owned company. Established in 1887 in Victoria, Pemberton Holmes has been providing real estate services to the people and communities of Vancouver Island for over 130 years, with offices from Victoria to the Parksville/Bowser area and the Gulf Islands.
When you work with Anna as your
real estate professional, you can expect personalized service and a plan
created just for you, based on your needs and desires.
“The best thing about my job as a realtor is the ability to make a positive difference in peoples' lives, and to see results of my work everyday,” says Anna, “Because buying and selling of real estate can feel overwhelming, I believe that it’s my responsibility to bring some calm and level-headedness to the process.”
If you have real estate questions, or if you’d like a free market evaluation of your home, Anna can be contacted directly at 250-514-7214 or email@example.com.